Addington Special School
About the school
Addington is a special school in Wokingham authority which caters for up to 242 pupils with moderate, severe or profound learning needs many of whom have associated sensory, motor and/or behaviour difficulties including ASD.
We are in a purpose built school with a new separate 6th Form building. We use our building as flexibly as we can to meet the changing profile of both age and abilities.
We aim to have class groups covering no more than 2 year bands with pupils and students in their correct key stage, but in order to maintain a flexible approach and an ability to respond to more complex needs, some groups may occasionally contain pupils from more than two years, and also more than one key stage.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to induction, professional development and on-going support to all our staff.
We have achieved Ofsted recognition for being an ‘Outstanding’ school in October 2017.
- To know that what we do is making a difference to the lives of our young people.
- To continue to promote an inclusive approach to educational life.
- To expand our Parent and Community Partnership.
- To provide a learning environment based on mutual respect and self-advocacy.
- To create a challenging forward thinking culture.