Beijing National Day Experimental School
About the school
The International Department of Beijing National Day School was established in June 2004. So far, it has five major programs: the International Exchange Program, the International Students Program, the Cambridge (A level) Programme, the Sino-American Dual Diploma (AP) Program and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
A Brief History
- 2000 – International Exchange Program was accredited
- 2004 – International Department was founded
- 2006 – Authorized to enroll foreign students by the Beijing Municipal Education Commission
- 2007 – Authorized as the test center of HSK held by China National Office for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (Hanban for short)
- 2008 – Promoted as one of the Beijing Bases for International Promotion of Mandarin
- 2009 – Launched Cambridge A-Level Programme
- 2010 – Launched Dual-Diploma Program with Wasatch Academy and Advanced Placement (AP) program.
- 2010 – the College Counseling Center was established
- 2011 – Appointed as the Leading School for Foreign Students by the Primary and Middle School Education Research Department of the Beijing Academy of Educational Science
- 2013 – Launched the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
The full-time faculty for the department has grown from an initial number of 3 to a current number of 156. Among them, 81 are international teachers from the United States, Britain and other foreign countries. Our faculty members come from a range of prestigious institutions such as the University of Tsinghua, Peking, Renmin, Harvard, Columbia, UC-Berkeley, Cambridge and St. Andrews, to name a few.
BNDS has established an education system that responds to students at different levels and interests. In order to personalize the learning experience, BNDS has implemented function-specific classrooms, an innovative self-study academy and a system of flexible adjustment of curricular content. The curricular developments have greatly enhanced studentsí comprehensive achievements. Currently, BNDS has four parallel curricula that are available for high school students: CNCC, CIE, AP, and IBDP.
The CNCC or Chinese National Certificate Curriculum offers a national based curriculum which is primarily taught in Chinese language and which fulfills the graduation requirements for the Chinese High School Education Diploma. After passing a highly selective entrance exam, students from all over the municipality of Beijing are enrolled in this program. This program also offers the Gaokao Optional class which allows students to opt out of the Gaokao (college placement) examination. These students routinely choose to study in other countries after high school. CNCC course marks are shown on a 100 percent unweighted scale.
- Address: No.66 Yuquan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, PRC, Zip Code: 100039 - Get Directions
- Website: http://www.bndsedu.com