Coley Primary School
About the school
Coley Primary School is a friendly multicultural school which is more that 100 years old. The school was built in 1872 and is an old Victorian building.
We are a town centre school catering for over 200 children from 3 to 11 years of age. Our buildings and school grounds are well maintained and as our school is located so close to the town centre we are able to access the rich and varied facilities on offer including transport links to support the curriculum.
We have a rich cultural diversity at our school and many children speak lots of different languages.
We expect every child to achieve their full potential through a relentless focus on high quality teaching and learning. We focus on all children achieving age related expectations and all staff consistently and energetically using the most effective methods for teaching these basic skills. Our aim is to provide a good and full education for all, for many years to come.
We are very proud of the children who come to Coley Primary School and the wonderful things they do here.
Our purpose is to equip all learners with the skills to succeed in life.
- We aim for everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoyment through learning where each and every child is challenged by high quality teaching.
- We aim to raise standards of learning and attainment.
- We promote positive well-being in a safe and caring environment. We encourage everyone to work together as partners in learning.
- Our school has its roots firmly in the local community.
- Age Range: 3-11
- Gender: Mixed
- Headteacher: Mrs Sarah Pengelley
- Offsted Rating: Good (October 2014)
- Address: Wolseley Street, Reading , Berkshire, RG1 6AZ - Get Directions
- Telephone: 0118 937 5461
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.coleyprimary.reading.sch.uk