About the school
At Dorney School we believe in striving for the highest possible standards in everything we do. Our shared vision is to be aspirational and have high expectations and enjoyment. We believe that everyone should be treated with respect.
Dorney School sits on the very edge of Buckinghamshire in a quiet rural setting and supports children aged 4 – 11 years old. We have 7 classes of 30 children led by a team of dedicated, professional and caring staff.
Our aims are to provide children in our care with all the necessary skills to continue their learning and development once they leave us. The staff and governors, in partnership with parents, are committed to offering a safe, secure and exciting learning environment in which our children can grow and flourish and reach their full potential.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Creating a love of learning and an enjoyable experience of school life.
- Encouraging independence and a lively enquiring mind.
- Developing confidence to try new tasks without fear of failure.
- Supporting children and celebrating their achievement.
- Helping children understand the wider world in which they live.
- Encouraging respect for others and different ways of life.
- Ensuring children acquire knowledge and life skills to become valuable and responsible citizens.
We are totally focused on offering a safe, secure and exciting learning environment in which our children can grow and flourish and reach their full potential. All of our staff are given encouragement and support to help succeed in their roles.