Elthorne Park High School
About the school
About Elthorne Park High School
Elthorne Park High School is a thriving, significantly oversubscribed comprehensive school serving its local community in Hanwell and South Ealing with over 1300 students, including 260+ in the Sixth Form.
Achieving excellence in a learning community
This is an outstanding school.
‘”The school’s mission is ‘achieving excellence in a learning community”. It fulfils this mission outstandingly well.’ – Ofsted, 2019
We have fantastic students, a tremendously supportive community of parents, an expert, highly committed staff and we are situated in leafy Ealing, the queen of the suburbs! As a Leading Edge Partner school, we have received numerous attainment and progress awards during our unbroken run of ever-increasing academic success over the past 5+ years. We use the SSAT Framework for Exceptional Education and have recently achieved three awards in recognition of our highly effective approaches to ‘engagement in evidence and research’, ‘variety of teaching approaches’ and ‘professional learning’. These three aspects of our work are absolutely vital and are part of our investment in teachers and their professional development.
As a proud community school, we follow a broad curriculum with all KS3 students taking art, DT, MFL, drama and music alongside the academic core. At KS4 and 5 we offer the full range of option subjects including vocational BTECs. We use our non-academy freedom to operate a traditional working day from 8:30 to 3:10 and have both sensible and highly effective teaching and learning, behaviour and staff development policies.
Our Progress and Attainment 8 scores are consistently above average and EPHS is in the top 250 non-selective schools nationally and is one of the top 3 schools in Ealing for GCSE, A level and advanced BTEC results.
Outstanding staff and excellent teaching
All of our carefully selected teachers are highly qualified specialists in their fields, with a great number of years of experience in delivering excellent outcomes for students at Key Stage 4 and at A Level. Our culture of continuous development applies to both staff and students, leading to our truly collaborative community of self-reflection and improvement.
Elthorne Park High School has been equipped as a centre of excellence and in 2016 benefited from a £12 million investment in new buildings. Our facilities include:
- brand new state of the art teaching rooms
- ten modern science laboratories
- a suite of specialist music rooms
- two purpose-built drama studios
- a very well equipped, purpose built library resource centre with two attached ICT suites
- exceptional ICT facilities throughout the school including 12 dedicated ICT rooms
- a faculty-wide wi-fi network
- five art studios with, graphics, kiln facilities and a dark room
- four specialist design and technology rooms including food, textiles and resistant materials rooms
- buildings which are fully accessible to wheelchair users
- a large sports hall and separate canteen for break and lunchtime dining
- the sole daytime use of extensive playing fields at the rear of the school
- a multi-use games area with a number of all-weather courts
- a new, purpose built Sixth Form Centre
- a dedicated Sixth Form coffee shop and wifi enabled work/play area
- excellent transport links including nearby Boston Manor tube and West Ealing Crossrail station
‘The headteacher and his senior team lead the school with compassion and ambition. Over several years, leaders have skilfully nurtured a community which is both inclusive and highly aspirational.’
‘A culture of scholarship is deeply embedded, with a large proportion of teachers, including support staff, actively engaged in educational research. This results in effective strategies that support pupils in their learning.’
For school news and celebrating student success please explore our website: www.ephs.ealing.sch.uk and follow us on Twitter: @ElthorneHighSch