Eton Wick First School
About the school
Adapting a Growth Mind-set
We would like all children to adapt a Growth Mind-set attitude to all aspects of school life by:
- Being able to achieve their highest possible standard in all areas of the curriculum
- Being literate, numerate and able to use technology competently
- Having a strong sense of identity and high self esteem, respecting themselves, others and the environment
- Developing an enquiring mind and enthusiasm for learning
- Being able to work independently, to know their strengths and be motivated to extend their learning
- Understanding the difference between right and wrong, accepting individual responsibility, and developing a sense of justice and personal integrity
- Seeking to extend themselves in mind, body and spirit
- We will provide a happy, stimulating environment where children feel at ease, motivated to learn and experience personal success.
- We will provide high quality teaching in order to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum relevant to the child. We will use varied resources and appropriate strategies to enable all children to succeed.
- We will support children in their learning by developing a good partnership between home, school and the wider community.
- It is our hope that the knowledge, skills and Christian values that are acquired here will provide children with a firm foundation for the rest of their lives.
A school should enable every child to flourish in their potential as a child of God.
At Eton Wick First School, the following Christian Values are focussed on and linked to the Golden Promises:
At Eton Wick First School, we promise to:
- Have respect
- Listen well
- Care and share
- Be honest
- Value each other
- Stay safe
- Aim high
By keeping these promises, we try to be our best selves.