Finchley Catholic High School
About the school
We are a boys (11-16) comprehensive school with a mixed boys and girls sixth form. We are consistently heavily over-subscribed, with over 1,000 students on roll including a Sixth Form of over 300 students. We have a long and proud history dating back to 1926 when the school was opened as a grammar school by Monsignor Canon Parsons whose name lives on in our recently opened Sixth Form Centre.
We have succeeded in recent years in raising funds for an extensive building and refurbishment programme so that our facilities are now first rate and include an astro turf pitch, our own playing fields with pavilion, a Performing Arts Centre, an up to date computer network and our new state of the art Sixth Form Centre. Our site with its iconic White House and interestingly varied architecture is blessed with trees, shrubs and lawns. We offer a very wide range of extra-curricular activities from early morning to after school, including trips abroad, from skiing to music, history and theatre tours. There is a high enrolment for the Duke of Edinburgh scheme with its expeditions for bronze and silver awards.
Our mission is to:
- Be a school where we experience the joy of God’s creation and develop a faith that will sustain us through travails as well as victories.
- Grow enquiring minds that will value scholarship and develop a joy of learning that will stay with us all our lives.
- Nurture a steadfast community in which everyone has a thirst for dignity, respect and social justice.
- So that when our mission is fulfilled, we will meet the future with soaring ambition and a relentless desire to build a better world and in so doing, accomplish the purpose that God has for all of us.
- Age Range: 11-16
- Gender: Boys
- Address: Woodside Lane, Finchley, London, N12 8TA - Get Directions
- Telephone: 020 8445 0105
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.finchleycatholic.org.uk/