Kenyngton Manor Primary School
About the school
Kenyngton Manor Primary School is located in Sunbury, with excellent transport routes into central and west London. The school is 2 miles from the M3, junction 1, and providing very easy access to the M25.
Our School is a two-form entry with a pupil admission number of 60. We have approximately 350 pupils aged 4-11 with additional part-time pre-school and nursery provision. There are 200 children in the infants including our reception classes and 170 children in the junior department. We have excellent facilities, well equipped classrooms and well maintained outdoor play areas. There is a Children’s Centre on site, a privately run Pre-School and a Breakfast Club.
The average class size is 24 and staff work in year group teams to collaboratively plan and deliver high quality lessons. All teachers are supported by teaching assistants. We believe that support staff play a critical role in securing outstanding progress in pupils’ learning.
Kenyngton Manor Primary School began working with THPT a term after the school was judged to be in need of Special Measures (Autumn 2012). In November 2013, two terms after The Partnership’s support began; Ofsted re-inspected the school, removed it from Special Measures and judged the Leadership and Management to be good. This represents one of the fastest rates of recovery of any school placed in a category following an inspection. The school is now on an exciting journey to secure a good or better overall judgement at the next inspection. The quality of teaching and rates of pupil progress are already accelerating, ensuring the children are getting off to a strong start in their school careers.
OFSTED Comments (November 2013):
• Strong and determined leadership by the Executive Headteacher and the Head of School has led to rapid improvement, particularly in the last nine months
• Collaboration with The Howard Partnership has made a strong contribution to the school’s improvement
• Pupils feel safe and secure in school. Their welfare is given high priority
• The results of the statutory tests in 2013 show that standards are improving
• Relationships between adult and pupils are good
Kay Scott, Head of School, comments on partnership working:
“The expertise and support within The Partnership is wide and varied. The ICT, Finance, Premises and HR departments ensure that school leaders can focus on the business of teaching and learning. Quality investment in the individuals within the school through well directed guidance and high quality CPD means the school rapidly continues on its school improvement journey”.
- Age Range: 3 - 11 years
- Gender: Mixed
- Headteacher: Mr. Lee Herdman
- Address: Kenyngton Manor Primary School, Bryony Way, Beechwood Avenue, Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, TW16 7QL - Get Directions
- Telephone: 01932 783778
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.kenyngtonmanor.org/