Paddock Wood Primary Academy
About the school
Paddock Wood Primary Academy (PWPA) is a thriving and engaging three-form entry school in the heart of West Kent. Our ethos encapsulates high standards and expectations, excellent learning and teaching, and the positive wellbeing of pupils and staff. Our current roll is 615. PWPA has a strong and committed teaching team which is widely respected and supported by our academy community.
We directly employ our own SEND department, comprising SENCo, Numbers Count and Reading Recovery teachers and specialist teaching assistants. PWPA’s wide curriculum offer is supported by specialist teachers of music, French, PE and outdoor education. Some features that help us stand out from other schools are:
- All pupils learn French, learn other subjects in French and leave PWPA conversant in the language
- Pupils leave PWPA with a strong understanding and appreciation of music and sporting skills
- PWPA embeds independence, stamina and considered risk into children’s learning, for example through EYFS and Year 1 initiative exercises, Years 1, 2 and 3 outdoor/forest skills, Y4 mountain biking, Year 5 caving, climbing and kayaking, and Year 6 skiing/snow-boarding.
PWPA has its own school minibuses and very frequently takes children out into the local area and into central London, as well as taking Year 5 pupils to the Brecon Beacons and Year 6 pupils to Paris. We have a strong regard for extra-curricular learning and a very healthy catalogue of sporting and other successes and awards. Our academy benefits from significant parent and community support.
- Gender: Mixed
- Address: Old Kent Road, Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6JE
- Telephone: 01892 833654
- Email: Enquiries@paddockwoodprimaryacademy.org.uk
- Website: https://paddockwoodprimaryacademy.org.uk