Queen Anne’s School
About the school
Queen Anne’s is an independent boarding and day school for girls aged 11 to 18, situated just north of the River Thames and Reading town centre and occupying a 35 acre campus of beautiful grounds. The school is close to Henley-on-Thames and has easy access by road and rail to London, Heathrow and the south east.
It is a vibrant, happy school, renowned for academic excellence and individual achievement and our girls develop into confident, motivated individuals with a very strong sense of community.
We encourage the girls to take advantage of every opportunity they have to learn, explore and achieve, and to thrive on new challenges and experiences. We believe it is this combination that enables them to discover where their passions lie and where they can excel.
Girls come to us from a wide area and we offer flexible boarding packages and widespread school transport to accommodate their needs. From September 2009 we also plan to offer escorted travel to Paddington from Reading for our London students.
We aim to provide an excellent all round education to girls between the ages of 11 – 18. The provision intends that all girls:
- Will benefit from an excellent, broad academic education which enables them to go on to higher education.
- Will be able to develop their creative, aesthetic, practical, physical, emotional and spiritual qualities and talents as fully as possible.
- Will be treated as individuals and helped to fulfil their potential and identify their strengths.
- Will benefit from belonging to a nurturing boarding community where they learn to be mutually supportive as well as responsible, enterprising and independent individuals.
- Will become confident, well-balanced individuals, able to take their places in society as good citizens and leaders, and able to form strong and enduring relationships with others.