The Beaconsfield School
About the school
The Beaconsfield School is a vibrant and innovative school that is committed to enhancing the life chances of every student, through high expectations and first class teaching. We create a positive atmosphere where individuals are given every opportunity to flourish and make excellent progress. We are an inclusive school that challenges and nurtures individuals to help them reach their full potential. We pride ourselves on providing students with positive learning experiences within the curriculum and through our extensive extra-curricular programme. The programmes involve a wide range of arts and leisure activities, and we encourage our students to take part. All of the extra curricular clubs help our students develop confidence and some lead to accredited qualifications. We want our students to enjoy their education, do well academically, develop their love of learning and develop personally and socially as active citizens in our community. There is a strong ethos of community where students are expected to help others and take an active part in the life of the school.
We offer our staff:
- Access to an in house teaching coach.
- Own laptop and dedicated teaching area.
- Access to our in house Yammer feed on Teaching and learning.
- First class training and development using John Hattie’s principles of visible learning.
- A dedicated teacher work space for joint planning and marking.
- A staff common room with a cake Friday ( healthy options available as well!)
- A friendly supportive staff who work collaboratively to ensure we all develop.