About the school
Wellington College, the national monument to the Duke of Wellington, is a British co-educational independent school located in the Berkshire village of Crowthorne. The school’s aim is to make Wellington College one of Britain’s, and the world’s, leading and most inspiring co-educational schools for boarding and day pupils.
Wellington has approximately 1050 pupils aged between 13 and 18. The Good Schools Guide called the school ‘a serious player in the field of education’.
Aim and Missions
Encourage and support all our pupils to:
- Develop their full potential academically, culturally, sportingly and spiritually.
- Develop into open-hearted and open-minded young adults.
- Question, to think and to work independently.
- Respect the views and beliefs of everyone in our community and beyond.
- Serve and support others at all times.
- Be calm and purposeful in everything they do.
- Help one another achieve the most from their school years.
- Prepare themselves fully for life after school.
- Become the person that they uniquely are rather than being influenced unduly by others.
- Look after the body, emotions and mind through proper rest, relaxation and nourishment.
Message from the Headmaster
‘When you make your first visit to Wellington College you immediately get a sense that it is more than just a school. The beautiful grounds and breath taking buildings see to that, as does the palpable sense of purpose among every pupil and member of staff you meet. I genuinely do not believe that there is a better coeducational day and boarding school for 13 – 18 year olds in the land.’ James Dahl
- Age Range: 13-18
- Headteacher: James Dahl
- No. on roll: 1050 pupils
- Address: Crowthorne, Berkshire, RG54 7PU - Get Directions
- Telephone: 01344 444000
- Fax: 01344 444002
- Website: https://wellingtoncollegerecruitment.wellingtoncollege.org.uk/