Our school is very highly regarded and heavily oversubscribed. It has a unique community ethos and enjoys extremely strong examination results at both GCSE and A level, which are well above national averages.
We are seeking a Cover Supervisor to became a valuable member of our support team. The core role will be to support the high-quality teaching and learning that takes place on a daily basis by facilitating this learning in the absence of a teacher. The role is term-time plus three days.
This role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Supervising the completion of work set by class teachers
- Explaining concepts and theory to students and answer queries about work set
- Creating a positive and supportive learning environment
- Assisting with other activities relating to the support and supervision of pupils as required either as whole groups, small groups or on a 1-2-1 basis
We require a colleague who is:
- committed to working with students and would like to have a real impact on their school experience on a daily basis
- enthusiastic, with a talent for motivating and inspiring young people to achieve the best they can
- patient and flexible, with an understanding of the range of needs that students will have and the variety of approaches that might be used to get the best out of students
- keen to play a full role in the wider life of the school
We will offer:
- an outstanding opportunity to be part of a successful, committed and dynamic school
- a friendly vibrant, orderly and caring community
- a strong commitment to CPD and a very supportive induction programme
- an enterprising and ‘can do’ ethos where initiative and innovation are warmly embraced
- a school of opportunity where staff are supported and developed
Candidates wishing to visit the school are welcome to do so by appointment. An application form for this post can be downloaded from our website by clicking on the Apply button and should be returned to the Headteacher, Niamh Arnull at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Friday 14th May 2021 at 12 pm. Candidates will be invited for interview as they apply and we reserve the right to appoint suitably qualified candidates in advance of the application deadline.
Applications from non-Catholics who are willing to support the values and ethos of a Catholic school are warmly invited.
FCHS is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.