Danes Hill School offers an exceptional working environment, bordering open countryside, yet commutable to London. It is a thriving school which has received an outstanding report by the Independent School’s Inspectorate. Inspectors described the school as ‘excellent in all areas’ and commented that ‘teamwork is strong’.
Danes Hill Pre-Prep seeks to appoint a part-time outstanding classroom practitioner who is able to inspire and develop our pupils so they enjoy and succeed in Modern Foreign Languages. The suitable candidate must have the ability and experience to teach Spanish and French to the children in our Pre-Prep (aged 3 to 6 years). The candidate should also be able to participate and contribute to the life of the school. The successful candidate must have a passion for teaching and making a difference. The application form and job description can be found on the school website and should be completed and returned to Mrs Louise Roberts by the closing date of 25 June 2021. Applications will be considered on receipt; therefore, early submissions would be recommended.
Core Requirements of the Post
- In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the teacher will demonstrate essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils and colleagues;
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom engage and motivate pupils;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school;
- Introduce young children (Transition, Reception and Year 1) to Spanish and French using fun, child-centred activities;
- Plan lessons to ensure that pupils have an enthusiastic attitude towards learning;
- To ensure that the children have a solid grounding before moving on to the Main School.
Areas of Responsibility and Key Tasks
- Teach allocated pupils by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
- Understanding and applying effective classroom management;
- Understanding and applying a range of teaching strategies;
- Choosing resources geared specifically to each age group;
- Positively targeting and supporting individual learning needs;
- Maintaining high levels of behaviour and discipline.
Danes Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS).