We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Caretaker to support the Premises team. In order to effectively fulfil their duties, the job holder will be required to work flexibly and collaboratively with various staff across the whole of the school community. Hours will vary with some early mornings and late afternoons being required
The person we are seeking will undertake general caretaking duties, which include:
- litter picking and emptying outside bins daily when required and other general tidying duties not covered by the school’s cleaning contractor.
- promptly distributing deliveries around the school site as required.
- supporting other caretakers with both routine and non-routine movement of furniture and equipment around the site.
- helping to set up the hall and other areas as directed for examinations, assemblies, concerts etc.
- carrying out preventative and reactive maintenance work around the school site.
- undertaking any necessary action as directed by the Premises Manager in the event of bad weather or emergencies.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1658 on roll, including 366 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our strong Professional Development programme, believing that support staff need to be able to develop their own practice collaboratively with others.
For an application form and information pack please email our recruitment team. Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date: Friday 25 June 2021
Interviews will be held: w/c 28 June 2021
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk