The successful candidate will promote and provide opportunities for students to benefit from a positive all-round experience and for them to be engaged in their learning and wider achievement.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assist with the planning for a calm and orderly environment for student learning when a teacher is absent
- Assist with the organisation of House activities and competitions in order to provide a high level of provision for students to access a wide range of opportunity
- Establish pro-active pastoral routines to support positive student behaviour. Intervene when student behaviour falls below school expectations. Work as part of a team and lead on occasions as appropriate
- Support staff development by planning and implementing additional tiers of monitoring and intervention
- Play a key role in day to day operational activities of the school to ensure each day runs smoothly
- Work alongside the Student Engagement Co-ordinator
- Lead on the administration of The Edge (Altwood’s character values programme).
For an application form and further details of the role and how to apply (CV’s are not accepted) please visit our website Visits to the school for shortlisted applicants are welcome.
Interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 19th July 2021, so early applications are encouraged.
Altwood Church of England School has the responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.