The King Alfred School is looking for a talented teacher to join our exceptional and innovative school from January 2022 until June 2022 to cover for parental leave.
- Play a full part in a successful and experienced Science team
- Teach approximately 0.5 of a timetable
- Have the opportunity to be involved in the wider life of the school community.
The King Alfred School (aka ‘KAS’) is a progressive independent school in idyllic grounds in North London. Our independence means that we can be take a holistic approach to education and value the progress young people make in all areas. Class sizes are small and our informal, friendly environment is highly supportive for both students and staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Relevant teaching experience, including of exam classes
- A good honours degree and QTS
- A track record of imaginative, challenging, successful teaching
- The ability to establish warm, constructive relationships with students, parents and staff
- A passion for holistic, forward-thinking education.
For this post, we welcome applications from NQTs, and from colleagues who have both recently qualified and those with greater levels of experience.
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply using our online Application Form.
Closing date for applications: Noon, Monday 27 September 2021
Interviews: week commenting Monday 4 October 2021
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. 'These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service website or at Unlock.