William Perkin Church of England High School
April 19, 2021
We are looking for a Subject Lead for Spanish in a school that offers excellent opportunities for professional development. William Perkin Church of England High School (Ofsted ‘Outstanding’) is one of four Twyford Trust schools, a successful multi-academy Trust based in the Borough of Ealing. We offer comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for our teachers.
As a language specialism school, William Perkin places languages as central to its curriculum. All students have languages every day and languages are compulsory at GCSE which means that the students make excellent progress. Our results at GCSE this year were outstanding, the school as a whole came 8th in the country for Progress 8, and the language department was no exception, coming comfortably in the top 5% of similar schools nationally (Fisher Family Trust data). Out of 174 entries with a mixed ability cohort, 40% of our students achieved Grade 7 and above; 65% achieved grade 5 and above and 78% achieved grade 4 and above – well above national averages. The value placed on languages in the school is evident in our A level numbers – our Sixth Form opened in September 2018 and we currently have 22 students studying languages at A level. All languages are offered at A Level.
The new post-holder will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with an ability to lead training in teaching and learning. The main purpose of this role is to ensure outstanding outcomes in the curriculum and the wider curricular offer within Spanish. S/he will be an enthusiastic linguist who is a strong classroom practitioner with a commitment to achieving the highest standards both academically and in terms of engagement with Spanish.
You are warmly invited to visit us and see for yourself what an outstanding school William Perkin is. To arrange a visit, please email the Head of Languages, Emily Lewis.
The successful candidate will have:
• A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach Spanish to KS5 and, ideally, a second language to GCSE
• Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
• An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
• An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
• An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
• Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A commitment to the ethos of the school.
• Exceptional professional development and career progression
• Positive working relationships at all levels
• A supportive and lively Leadership Team.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 19 April 2021
Interview date: w/c 19 April 2021
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP Please do not submit applications by fax.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS.