3pm – 6pm, 3 hours a day/15 hours a week/TTO • Required ASAP
Scope of Job:
- Under the direction of the senior leadership team, create and deliver an after-school programme for children attending the after-school club.
- Adhere to Ofsted guidelines to ensure that the club supports a culture of free play where all are respected, valued and nurtured.
- Serve food/snacks with due care for health and safety.
- Set up and clear away tables and chairs.
- To manage the after-school club team (if it becomes necessary to appoint club assistants)
- To adhere to the strict code of confidentiality and safeguarding policies at all times.
- To work within the Christian ethos of the school.
- The post holder will be required to carry out some administration duties.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Be energetic, creative and fun.
- Have a friendly manner with an ability to relate to and communicate with children.
- Be organised and reliable.
- Be able to work under pressure with no supervision.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be physically able to lift and carry equipment e.g. setting up and clearing away tables and chairs.
- Have an awareness of basic health and safety.
- Have a commitment to safeguarding.
- First Aid and Food hygiene training desirable but not essential (training will be provided).
- IT skills desirable but not essential.
- Have a great sense of humour!
- To plan, organise and deliver activities that provide a variety of experiences for the children.
- To collect and escort children from school to the club and record attendance.
- Ensure adequate supervision for indoor and outdoor activities and that the children in the club’s care are safe at all times.
- To adhere to Ofsted guidelines and school policies.
- Supervise and control behaviour in line with the School’s policies.
- Provide healthy, varied and nutritious food/snack within food hygiene regulations.
- Undertake First Aid duties as required.
- To be the after-school club point-of-contact for parents and carers.
- To manage the after-school club team.
- To undertake other duties as may become necessary, as agreed with the Headteacher.
Application form and further details are available on the school’s website.
Closing date: 3 December 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding its pupils and this appointment depends upon an enhanced DBS disclosure.