Be part of our Art/DT Team. Help our students discover and develop their creativity and build their confidence to experiment with new methods. Our talented team works collaboratively across the Trust to give our students opportunities to realise their full creative potential and produce exceptional art and DT pieces. This is made possible by the following:
- On-site exhibitions - we are a Museum Learning school providing stimulating opportunities for our students. We recently hosted the Grayson Perry Craft Council exhibition in order to support our curriculum.
- Well-equipped and spacious studios - three large-dedicated spaces (Textiles, DT and Art).
- Active Arts Programme – interdisciplinary expertise and close collaborations with drama specialists allow us to provide regular high-quality theatre productions.
- Enrichment Clubs – helping our students work towards Art Awards.
- Talented in-house textiles team – allows us to offer first-class textiles lessons and Textiles GCSE.
- National competitions - one of our students was recently selected from a pool of 27 nationwide to compete in the latest Britain’s Best Young Artist series on CBBCs.
- Excellent achievement – we have a track record of excellent achievement in a number of the creative subjects offered. Our three-year KS3 programme allows our students to study in depth.
- Strong partnerships with the V&A, Crafts Council, and local arts/cultural providers.
Beyond the department, here is a flavour of what life is like at The Langley Academy:
- ‘Students have outstanding attitudes to learning. Behaviour is excellent’ Ofsted.
- An inclusive, diverse, and welcoming school community.
- Strong, supportive leadership team – mentoring and 1-1 coaching from leaders across the Trust.
- State-of-the-art building and facilities – built in 2009 and extended in 2020.
- Part of the Arbib Education Trust providing access to unique resources and pioneering museum learning, including on-site museum exhibitions.
The wellbeing and professional development support of all our colleagues really matter to us. Our wide-ranging staff benefits include:
- Work-life balance – innovative approach to providing flexibility around how you work, as well as social activities, an early finish on Fridays and a day off in term time.
- Generous funding for personal development - to support our learning culture.
- Ways to save - including shopping & lifestyle discounts from Vivup and contribution to private healthcare.
- Healthy body and mind - free on-site gym, cycle to work scheme, free annual flu jab, free professionalcounselling, and wellbeing resources.
You don’t need to just take our word for it, watch our video. For an informal chat or to arrange a school visit, contact our HR Manager email@example.com and to apply visit: www.arbibeducationtrust.org/99/join-us
Closing date: Sunday 3 December 2023
The Langley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. The Trust reserves the right to appoint ahead of the deadline.