Term time only
We are currently seeking an outstanding Assistant Head of Year to provide professional and administrative support to the Head of Year and pastoral leadership to a year group of students. You will contribute to the management and development of systems and procedures to improve the standards of achievement, behaviour and personal development for a specific student cohort.
Haggerston School was judged ‘good’ by OFSTED in October 2017. The OFSTED report noted: “Staff have high morale. They are proud to work at the school and feel that leaders support them in a variety of ways. These include providing training to meet their individual needs. Teachers new to the profession value the high-quality mentoring and support that they receive. They also appreciate the career opportunities provided by the school.”
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent literacy and numeracy, educated to degree level.
- Has successful experience of working with young people and their families.
- Is able to build good relationships with students and adults.
- Is a highly organised administrator, able to use ICT effectively to support tasks and activities.
We can offer you:
- A school committed to your professional development.
- Work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
- A high quality physical environment - a grade II listed building with excellent facilities.
If you are passionate about providing young people with a safe, supportive environment in which to ensure their success, we want to hear from you.
Download an application pack from the school’s website or you can request one by contacting the HR Department via e-mail.
Application forms can also be returned to HR via email.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 8 July 2022
Interview and Assessment: Monday 11 July 2022
We are a diverse community committed to equality, and welcome applications from candidates from black and ethnic minority backgrounds.
Haggerston School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. All posts within the school are subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.