We are looking for an exceptional classroom practitioner to lead on curriculum development and the quality/pace of pupils’ learning journey from September 2021. The successful candidate will be passionate about teaching and learning and will have the ability to motivate and develop staff in a team which prides itself as being collaborative and supportive.
As our Assistant Head, you will be able to inspire exceptional teaching and learning across the school and continue to build upon our current success in curriculum development, marking/assessment and pupil voice. You will understand the importance of data as a tool to track pupil progress and will identify a range of evaluation strategies to lead the school in all aspects of its success.
Philip Southcote School offers the opportunity to work:
- In a school that is passionate about achievement for all pupils.
- With fantastic pupils who enjoy a dynamic and engaging curriculum.
- Within a diligent team of excellent teachers who have a wealth of expertise and experience.
- With a strong induction programme tailored to your experience and needs.
- Collaboratively within a very supportive environment where professional development is an essential aspect of our daily practice.
- To develop your career.
- Committed to creating exceptional pupil experiences and learning for all.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspirational teacher looking to develop the curriculum.
- Be a person who thrives in a fun, yet challenging environment.
- Be an exceptional classroom teacher with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
- Have a proven track record in raising standards and a good understanding of school improvement.
- Have a passion for building strong relationships with young people through restorative working.
- Be someone who is resilient and approachable.
- Be a good communicator who is able to inspire and motivate pupils but also who can remain calm under pressure and have a sense of humour.
- Be creative in your teaching and strive to bring out the best in pupils.
If you feel that you have the energy, passion, resilience and drive to be part of making Philip Southcote School outstanding, we would love to have you on our leadership team. The pupils, staff and governors warmly invite you to visit us and see the ‘Southcote Community” in action. We are sure you will experience our friendly, relaxed atmosphere and get a taste of how rewarding your work will be.
Please contact Mel Sullivan on 01932 562326 or go to our website for more information about the school.
Closing date: Midday, 22 March 2021
Interviews to be held w/c 29 March 2021
To apply, please visit our website where you will find the job description and application form. Completed application forms should be emailed and addressed FAO the Headteacher.
Philip Southcote School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This position requires an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references in line with our Safer Recruitment checks.