Are you an outstanding teacher and leader looking to develop your experience and professional career? We have an opportunity for you to do this to at St Bartholomew’s School. You might have a number of years’ experience in this type of role or looking for your first senior leadership post. We pride ourselves on our academic success. In 2019 83% of students achieved both GCSE English and Mathematics at level 4 or better and 29% of all grades were 9 – 7. Progress is outstanding with the average P8 score for the last 3 years nearly 0.5.
We are searching for a full-time Assistant Headteacher (Pastoral) to join us from 1 September 2021 on a permanent basis.
The Governors are seeking a person of vision, drive and a proven record of successful teaching and learning to be part of the Leadership Team as an Assistant Headteacher and to provide additional support to the Deputy Headteachers.
The precise responsibilities will be agreed upon appointment but the overall responsibility will be to oversee Learning and Achievement at KS4.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and passionate individual who can provide first class leadership.
We offer you:
- A vibrant school with outstanding facilities with a work room for every faculty and a laptop and desk for all teaching staff.
- Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
- An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding.
- Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
- A personalised professional development programme to support your individual career goals including opportunities to be coached or coach others, internal and external training throughout the year, lesson observation and feedback.
- Involvement in developing the school further including Action Research Teams, sharing excellent practice, an Exit Pass enabling you to spend time in other schools gaining and sharing knowledge.
- Regular opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
- A free lunch every day.
- A level teaching.
- Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a Sixth Form of 590) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 7 March 2021
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.