To start January 2024
Do you aspire to be an Assistant Headteacher?
Our lovely church school is looking to invite applications for the post of an Assistant Headteacher. Secondment opportunities will also be considered. The role(s) will be fundamental in supporting our lovely school to continue to develop and grow as we build on our very positive GOOD Ofsted Outcome in September 2022.
The Assistant Headteacher will take a central role in assisting the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and Governing Body to develop our school, in accordance with our shared values and nurturing ethos.
So, are you an experienced Primary Teacher seeking to step up into Leadership?
Perhaps you’re already a Leader and want to further your career as an Assistant Headteacher?
We are keen to meet someone who is ready to lead our children in KS2 alongside a reduced teaching commitment for at least the first year, and to build further on our curriculum and assessment mapping and development, an interest in Maths would be great but not essential.
You will work closely with other school leaders to lead the Primary School, cohesively. At St John’s, our children really are at the heart of everything we do. They are happy, friendly, interested and interesting! We are committed to building on our dedicated and dynamic staff team who work hard and aim high, all within a context of love and care.
Who are we looking for:
- An exceptional, experienced practitioner with a passion for learning and the ability to develop others.
- A team player.
- An excellent communicator.
- Someone who is full of positivity and has a good sense of humour.
- Someone keen to experience and develop a school leadership career.
What we can offer you:
- A relational and empowering leadership ethos.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities.
- Lovely children and a warm community.
- A beautiful school, with excellent teaching resources and working environment.
- Collaboration opportunities between the schools in the MAT (ODST)
- Potential opportunities for career progression across schools within the Academy Trust.
- A Church within our school.
- Free onsite car park.
We welcome your application and visits to our lovely school. We can’t wait to meet you!
To request an application form, please contact Mrs Sumbler by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0118 937 5540
If you are interested in this position, please apply to email@example.com using the application form which can be found on the St John’s CE Primary School website by following this link: www.stjohns.reading.sch.uk/work-with-us/
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
St John’s CE Primary School, as a member of the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust, is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Online checks may also be carried out to comply with KCSIE.