Saint Felix, Southwold is co-educational independent school that has provided excellent schooling to our boarders and day pupils, form across the UK and internationally, for over 120 years.
We are now looking to appoint a part time Assistant House Parent to support one of our three boarding houses. Our school is set in 75 glorious acres on the Suffolk coast, just minutes from the sea. Our facilities include a full equestrian cross-country course and a purpose-built 25m swimming and sports complex. You don’t need to have experience of boarding schools, but you will need the experience of working or caring for children, be empathetic to their needs and provide a safe and welcoming environment that supports their ability to learn
Key Responsibilities include:
- To be responsible, in conjunction with other House Parents, for the care, supervision, cleanliness and presentation of pupils in your care.
- Play an active role in activity programme, supervise pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Assisting with extra-curricular activities.
- Supporting students during study time.
- To provide a sympathetic presence in the House; to liaise closely with House and other staff concerning the progress and welfare of students.
- Build positive, professional relationships with pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Some experience, and motivation, to work or care for children.
- Educated to a GCSE level including English and Mathematics.
- Carry out instructions safely and carefully.
- Communicate in a professional manner with other staff and students.
- Ability to work with initiative and without direct supervision when required.
- To have a clear understanding of the statement of national minimum standards for boarding schools (NMS) and an awareness of safeguarding, or child protection. We can provide training if required.
In addition to playing an important role in a growing business that’s financially strong and has an ambitious growth agenda, you will receive a competitive salary and annual salary review. There will also be ample professional development and training opportunities, including ongoing coaching from the management team, with the prospect of career and salary progression as our business grows. Other benefits include:
- Childcare fee discount.
- Pension scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme up to £700.
- A comprehensive health cash plan.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
Above all, you will benefit from being part of a fun, supportive and creative team.
To apply, please e-mail your CV along with a letter explaining why you think you are right for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
St Felix is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).