We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join us as an Assistant Principal who, working alongside the Vice Principal, will support the academic and pastoral development of our students at King Henry School. The Assistant Principal will hold specific whole-school responsibilities which can be discussed and agreed upon at appointment, but experience in raising standards across all key areas of the school would be desirable.
The role of the Assistant Principal is pivotal in the school’s future journey as our appointed leader will build and evolve our place of learning at King Henry School. The successful candidate will work closely with the Principal and wider SLT at the school and other senior leaders across the Trust to maintain and further develop a strong network of effective academies across South East London and Bexley.
Our ideal candidate will be an existing Assistant Principal or highly experienced Head of Department/Lead Practitioner with considerable experience and a proven track record of leading whole school programmes, for example, behaviour and standards and with a track record of raising academic standards. We are looking for an exceptionally talented leader who will use their energy and vision to make a real impact, achieving outstanding outcomes for our students and ensuring that the school exceeds current standards and achievements.
As a community, we believe in working collaboratively and sharing good practices. If you want to be part of a team which embraces innovation and creativity then we are interested to hear from you.
Note that Leigh Academies Trust is currently supporting King Henry School to recruit exceptional staff who can make an immediate positive impact on the school community and all of its students.
What we are offering:
- A competitive salary commensurate with the profile of the post
- Bespoke CPD with mentoring and coaching opportunities
- The opportunity to work laterally across a number of schools to benchmark best practices and to be involved in teaching and learning innovation
We’d like to hear from candidates who are:
- An excellent teacher who is passionate about learning and has strong subject knowledge
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Energetic and have a can-do attitude
- Confident and has strong career aspirations
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and well-being of everyone at the school
- Prepared to be involved in leading co-curricular activities either within or outside of their teaching subject
Naturally, we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidate and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this.
On the basis that interested candidates may be keen to visit the school before making a formal application, you can arrange this by contacting Pam Morey - PA to the Principal - via email at PMorey@kinghenry.org.uk. Visits will be offered in September 2022 - please ensure you offer a range of dates when you are available in your initial email to ensure we can coordinate a visit that works for both you and the school.
Candidates wishing to have an initial conversation about this role can also arrange for a telephone call. Those wishing to do so should also contact Pam Morey (as above) in the first instance.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Elene Redelinghuys (Recruitment Coordinator) on 01634 412 263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.