We are searching for an Assistant Teacher (Cover Supervisor) to join us as soon as possible from September 2021, on a permanent basis.
We are looking for:
An individual to help sustain high standards of achievement by covering classes when teachers are absent, ensuring that students work at set tasks. You will also be required to work with teachers and students in a variety of settings.
Please note that you do not need to be a qualified Teacher to do this role.
SALARY: £20092.00 to £22183.00 pro rata for part-time, term-time (£10.41 - £11.50 per hour). Equates to a starting salary of £14519.30 gross pa.
HOURS: 31 hours and 20 minutes (31.33) per week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 3.20pm and Friday 8.30am to 3.00pm. Consideration will be given to a different number of hours or working pattern within the above, to suit the school and individual.
We offer you:
- A vibrant school with outstanding facilities.
- Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
- An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding.
- Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
- Opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
- Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a 6th Form of 570) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 31 October 2021
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.