Full Time Term Time Only
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Behaviour Support Mentor to join our University Technical College (UTC). There are over 250 students in the UTC and this growing with more expected next academic year. The role is important for creating the culture and ethos of the school and developing the soft skills that employers need.
The UTC opened in September 2014 in a new state of the art building, this is not only a relatively new school but a new approach to educating 14-19 year olds; which is possibly the most exciting change in the education landscape in decades.
All students at UTC Heathrow specialise in either Engineering or Digital subjects; at 14 they will also study a broad and balanced curriculum and at Post 16 the curriculum becomes more specialist with A levels in Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science. In addition, students can study a specialist BTEC Level 3 course in Engineering or IT/Computing. At capacity, we will be educating 500 students who will all have a passion for Engineering or Digital; it is a truly inspirational environment.
This role will provide you with:
- Setting the ethos and culture around the UTC
- Work with young adults to support their development
- passionate students who like engineering and IT
- opportunities for career development as the UTC grows and across Activate Learning Education Trust
- An opportunity to be at the forefront of STEM education
- CPD Training to support your role
- If you believe that this is an environment where you can thrive, develop and substantially contribute to an exciting future for UTC Heathrow, then you are encouraged to explore further by contacting Nicola Griffiths, HR@heathrow-utc.org who will pass on your details on to arrange a more detailed discussion, if required.
Completed application forms with an accompanying supporting letter should be emailed no later than midday on Monday 5th December 2022 to HR@Heathrow-UTC.org
Interviews will take place soon after this date
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.