About the role: Bearsted Primary Academy has a fantastic opportunity and are seeking to appoint a Breakfast and After School Club Assistant to join our academy as soon as possible. This role is ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children and supporting our team to provide excellent provisions outside of the classroom for our pupils. Our appointed candidate will receive full support and training from colleagues and respective staff.
Each and every member of staff, regardless of their position or seniority, is expected to participate in the overall running of the school and to act as a positive role model for our students. In and out of the classroom you will encourage and promote positive behaviour and effectively manage any situation that threatens to impact on the progress of other students.
The hours are: 7.15am - 8.45am and 2.45pm-6.15pm Monday - Friday. This role offers an actual salary of £10,055 based on 25 hours per week, Term Time + 1 week of inset.
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
- Previous, recent experience in an education setting
- Being independent and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator at all levels
In return, our successful candidates will receive:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
At Bearsted Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go and try their best’, cultivating an ‘I can do’ attitude
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others
Bearsted Primary Academy: Bearsted Primary Academy, opened in September 2020, has welcomed its first cohort of Reception children of up to 60 pupils, two classes of 30 in each. Every year we will continue to grow our academy until we reach full capacity of 420 pupils across Years R - 6.
Our aim at Bearsted Primary Academy is to allow all children an opportunity to reach their full potential, where ambition knows no bounds making every moment count. Surrounded by talented, dedicated practitioners, we aim to deliver pupils engaging and challenging experiences and opportunities within their education, which are both enjoyable and develop a thirst for learning. In doing this, we look to provide the highest quality learning experiences for every child, utilising our brand new facilities and resources including our outdoor Forest School provision.
We are committed to providing an education and environment where children feel safe and cared for, take risks and embrace learning, experience a sense of pride in all that they achieve, and where children can develop a variety of social, emotional and academic skills preparing them for a bright future.
Bearsted Primary Academy focuses on the development of the whole child, both in and outside of the classroom, with an emphasis on inquiry-led learning, encouraging our pupils to challenge, question and take ownership of their learning. In order to achieve this, we believe in the importance of building strong partnerships between the adults and pupils in our school, ensuring all learners succeed and benefit from the relationships formed within a caring and encouraging environment.
Therefore to be a successful candidate you need to be passionate, dedicated, proactive and caring. We are looking for someone who has good communication skills and is flexible in their approach when supporting children and working alongside other colleagues. As a Trust we believe it is important to be positive, inspirational and a real team player.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust will comprise 32 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.