14.25 hours a week • 07.30-8.45, Monday – Friday and 3.15-17.30, Monday to Thursday • Term time only
Wellington Primaries are seeking a Breakfast and After School Club Assistant (Extra Welly) who will ensure all children are cared for in a happy and safe environment. You will deliver activities as planned by the club leader and will be enthusiastic, reliable and hardworking.
What we offer:
- The chance to work within a well-run, friendly supportive environment.
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- Onsite parking .
- Pension Scheme.
- Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
- Ensure the children are engaged in all aspects of the session.
- To deliver the planning of activities from the Leader, to supervise and support staff.
- To maintain records of behaviour and parental communications and to assist the Leader in the development of a Newsletter to be issued termly.
- Help set up, organize and deliver a variety of activities over the session.
- To stimulate, encourage and develop children’s play in a positive way enabling them to play appropriately and creatively, individually or in groups.
- To support the Club Leader in all aspects of the running of the club.
- To be fully aware of all regulations set out by Ofsted.
- To complete necessary training for further knowledge and progression, mandatory training is Safeguarding, Pediatric First Aid and more.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience with primary aged children.
- Level 2 NVQ or CACHE or working towards this.
- A good standard of education, particularly in English and Maths.
- Be able to establish positive relationships with children, empathise with the needs of children and demonstrate active listening skills.
- Full understanding of Safeguarding procedures and Keeping Children Safe in Education.
- Have a great awareness of the needs of children.
- Understand equal opportunities practices.
- Be able to work in a team and independently.
- Be able to build good professional relationships with staff, children and parents.
- Be well be presented, hard -working and a good sense of humour.
Please return the completed application form by clicking on the apply button.
Closing date: 10am, Friday 24 September 2021
Wellington Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Please note any position that involves working with children requires a declaration if ALL convictions and cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as ‘spent’. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before the interview, at the shortlisting stage, and will be used as part of the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one reference must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current employer. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.