The Governors are looking to appoint a dynamic, driven Bursar to lead and manage the Bursary departments. The successful candidate will join the Senior Leadership Team and provide strategic insight and direction for the School. The appointee will be an agile leader and have the ability to influence across the School.
The role of the Bursar is to oversee the day-to-day operation of our business functions within the School, including finance, HR, the facilities, buildings and estates and the management of the Bursary team. The Bursar has overall responsibility for around 16 support staff. You should ensure the smooth financial and operational management of our School, in compliance with regulations.
What we can offer you
- We are seeking to appoint a candidate to start from September 2023 or January 2024.
- The role offers a competitive salary, depending upon experience.
- The role is for 40 hours per week, including a 30 minute paid lunch, for 52 weeks of the year, with 38 days' paid holiday (including 8 bank holidays).
- The school operates a group pension scheme to which the School contributes 5% of your salary.
- Free school meals and refreshments are provided on School and INSET days.
- Discount on School Fees.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 5 June 2023.
St Piran's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening including checks with current and/or previous employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.