To start 18th October 2021, on a permanent contract
An opportunity has arisen for a caretaker at The Hythe Community Primary School and The Runnymede Family Centre. The successful applicant will be a flexible and multi-skilled individual and will work as part of the school support staff team with the specific aim of making sure that the site is in proper working order, is safe, secure and well maintained.
Typical duties include:
- Locking and unlocking at the start of each school day
- Supporting out of hours lettings
- Maintaining and ensuring that the grounds and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy
- Routine Maintenance on the site including minor repairs and decorating
- Being aware of and working within Health and Safety policies
- Being first contact for alarm call outs
- Manual Handling
A plumbing, carpentry or electrical background would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this role we would love you to visit us – please call the school office on 01784 452972 to arrange a short tour with the Site Manager.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and interviews will be held as required. Early application is therefore recommended and the school reserves the right to close the advert on appointment of the post.
The Hythe Community Primary School and The Runnymede Family Centre are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and the successful applicant will be registered, as required, with the relevant body.