Part time – 22 hours per week
The King Alfred School is seeking a conscientious and dedicated Caretaker (Estates & PE) who will be responsible for providing grounds maintenance support to the School’s main site, Manor Wood, and for Sports’ Department maintenance. They will work in a small, friendly caretaker team to ensure the grounds and sports facilities are safe, well maintained and presentable. They will also take responsibility for the School farm and provide some general caretaking support.
In addition to the above, there is a comprehensive range of hands-on caretaking duties which can be found in the job description.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Experience of providing grounds maintenance services in a commercial or not for profit environment.
- An understanding of health and safety issues appropriate to School grounds and Sports maintenance.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to receive, record and transmit messages accurately and quickly.
- Hard working with an ability to meet the demands of a busy School.
- Strong at building relationships and eager to work with students, staff and contractors.
Please see the attached job description for a detailed description of the duties involved in this role as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
If you share our vision and are a reflective, hard-working, and forward-looking professional, we would very much like to hear from you.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please go to our website by clicking on the Apply button and complete our online Application Form.
Application deadline: Midday on Monday 6th December 2021.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service website or at Unlock.