Are you a hard-working, enthusiastic Caretaker or an aspiring Caretaker who is confident in maintaining a safe working environment for both students and staff? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at Turing House School.
Turing House School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Caretaker or an aspiring Caretaker to join our team 1st December 2021. This is a crucial role in supporting the site manager to ensure the smooth running of our current two temporary sites and next year our permanent site, including: maintaining the security of the school; carrying out maintenance tasks to a high standard to ensure a safe working environment for students and staff. Training will be provided.
The successful candidate will:
- Be flexible, dedicated and passionate about maintaining a safe working environment for students and staff.
- Have strong D.I.Y skills and be able to carry out physical tasks such as lifting, carrying and pushing equipment.
- Be able to multi-task and work closely with Site Manager as well as on their own initiative.
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety in a school environment.
- Have a valid drivers’ licence.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s mission and ethos.
Why work for Turing House School:
- Friendly and enthusiastic colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
- Please see our website or this link for our virtual open evening/morning events: https://www.turinghouseschool.org.uk/virtual-open-events-2020.php
- All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
- Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy staff make a happy school.
- Staff benefits include a free flu jab, subsidised yoga classes, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
- In 2022 we are moving into our new permanent site in Whitton with state-of-the-art facilities. Please click here to view our exciting plans: https://anewhomeforturinghouse.co.uk/
- Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as free delicious meals from our catering company on days where you carry out break or lunch duties.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff are enthusiastic and enjoy working in the school. There is strong sense of teamwork across the whole school community.”
“Leaders have established an open culture at the school where there is a clear sense of teamwork and community across staff and pupils alike. Everyone takes pride in the school. It is a welcoming and vibrant place. High expectations across the school have secured high standards of behaviour.”
“Behaviour is exceptional. Motivation is high. There is a lot of enthusiasm and aspiration to do well in class. Most students are following expectations and are caring about their work outside of the classroom. I get to eat lunch and have time away from screens. This has had a huge improvement on my own health and my lessons.”
“Staff are incredibly supportive and positive. Expectations are made clear and help is always at hand. Students are incredibly self-motivated and behaviour is minimal.”
“I think Turing House is a fabulous school full of hard-working, dedicated and inspirational staff and students. Thank you for everything you do for the school, it is very much appreciated”.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please visit our website to find out more about us and to download a recruitment pack.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Monday 6th December 2021. Interviews will take place shortly after. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by email and telephone.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.