We are seeking to recruit a reliable, enthusiastic and efficient Caretaker to be responsible for maintaining our school premises.
As Caretaker, you will support the Site Manager to keep the school a safe and engaging environment for our students to learn in. This will involve carrying out routine health and safety checks, preventative maintenance routines, minor repairs, cleaning and porterage duties.
The right candidate will:
- Demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors and outside users of the school (hirers).
- Be willing to work on a shift basis as detailed within the Job Description.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the Site Manager for further details.
The Corsham School is part of a small Multi Academy Trust serving the market town of Corsham and surrounding villages. It is situated in North Wiltshire, on the outskirts of the Cotswolds, 8 miles from Bath and within easy reach of the M4.
The Corsham School is a ‘Good’ School where ‘Pupils behave well in and out of lessons, are respectful of each other and learn well in a secure, friendly and supportive setting.’ Ofsted Sept 2019
The Corsham School offers:
- Enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning.
- A caring and supportive department, staff body and wider school community.
- A commitment to professional development and career progression opportunities which is supported by being a member of the Great Western Teaching Alliance.
- A full programme of induction and support; we are committed to staff well- being, are a very happy school where staff morale is high.
As part of the remuneration package The Corsham School Academy Group offers excellent Employee Benefits, including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, together with discounts on High Street shopping, Cinema Tickets and Holidays.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply via the application form. A separate letter (no more than 2 sides A4) addressed to the Headteacher should indicate how your qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post. Please download and complete the Application Form, and return to the school via email.
Closing date: 11am, Monday 24 January 2022