We are looking for a new Chair for the Leigh Academy Blackheath Board, which is the board responsible for the local governance of this academy.
This non-executive, unpaid position would suit someone with management experience and the ability to build teams. You will need to have a keen interest in the development of young people, education in general and ideally have a connection to the local area.
Leigh Academy Blackheath is part of the very successful Leigh Academies Trust. Plenty of support, induction and training will be offered to enable you to succeed.
The post is offered on a 4-year term initially and is effective from July 2022. Candidates wishing to have an initial discussion can contact our Academies Director, Tracey Trusler via her PA: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete our expression of interest form at the attached link by no later than Monday 4 July 2022. Interviews will take place on Friday 8 July 2022. More information about Leigh Academy Blackheath and Leigh Academies Trust can be found via their websites.
What can we offer?
- The opportunity to develop strategic experience as a chairman.
- The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our academy.
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our academy.
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
The Governing Body of our academy plays a key role in:
- Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
- Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
- Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the principal and therefore the performance of staff and the academy as a whole.
- Deciding policy and future development plans.
- Upholding good governance.