We are looking for a new Chair for the Longfield Academies Board. The board is responsible for the local governance of Longfield Academy and Hartley Primary Academy.
This non-executive, unpaid position would suit someone with management experience and the ability to build teams. You will need to have a keen interest in the development of young people, education in general and ideally have a connection to the local area.
Plenty of support, induction and training will be offered to enable you to succeed in this role. The post is offered on a 4-year term initially and is effective from March 2023, with the opportunity to hand over with the current Chair initially. Candidates wishing to have an initial discussion can contact our Academies Director, Tracey Trusler via her PA: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete our expression of interest form at the attached link by no later than the 17th February 2023. More information about Longfield Academy, Hartley Primary Academy and Leigh Academies Trust can be found via their websites.
What can we offer?
- The opportunity to develop strategic experience as a chair
- The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our academies
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our academies
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
What is the Governing Body’s Role?
The Governing Body of our academy plays a key role in:
- Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement
- Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets
- Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the principal and therefore the performance of staff and the academies as a whole
- Deciding policy and future development plans
- Upholding good governance