The governors are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, well-organised individual to support the Little Heath School governing body in effectively exercising its duties. The governing body takes a proactive and strategic approach to monitoring the quality of education of students at the school, and the role of Clerk to the governors is central to this work.
There are several committees working underneath the Full Governing body, with a focus on Teaching and Learning and Student Progress, as well as general school business, Meetings generally take place after school; committees meet twice per long term. The role will involve taking minutes, preparing documentation for committee meetings and generally providing administrative support to the governors.
The person we are seeking will:
- support the chairs of the meetings, set and circulate the agenda with any relevant documents on a timely basis, liaising with contributors.
- take accurate minutes which represent the decisions and discussions held during the meeting.
- produce draft minutes within a timeframe of the meeting and revised draft and final versions on a timely basis.
- attend training as required in order to confidently advise the governing body on updates to school policies.
- act as the first point of contact for the governing body.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1,658 on roll, including 366 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. The school has recently benefited from a significant and transformational building project, opening a new £15 million main block in spring 2021.
For an application pack please email our recruitment team. or if you would like more information regarding this role, please email Ken Somner, Chair of Governor.
Closing date: 4 July 2022
Interviews to be held: TBC
All Applications will be considered on receipt and an interview may take place prior to the closing date.
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School will ensure that all recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a criminal records self-disclosure form and successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.