Due to the growth of The Leigh UTC and Inspiration Academy, we have a rare and exciting opportunity to appoint a great practitioner of Business Studies to join us in the role of Coordinator of Learning for the department. Business Studies is a recent and exciting addition to our curriculum offer at KS4 and KS5 and therefore we are looking for an enthusiastic leader who can successfully develop it from its infancy. This is a fantastic position which will enable you to develop your leadership skills and to become part of a well established, highly collaborative and successful team as we are confident that our teaching and support teams, our facilities and most importantly our students will inspire you.
Working with us: Having opened in September 2014 with state-of-the-art facilities originally for Key Stage 4 and 5, The Leigh UTC provides an exciting, innovative, business-led, problem-solving curriculum, enabling students to achieve relevant work-related qualifications and transferable skills for future training or employment. The most unique feature of The Leigh UTC is its business ethos that are emphasised by our students' behaviours and supported by our sponsors.
In September 2017, following the request of the Department for Education due to our continued success, The Leigh UTC marked history by expanding its student intake to incorporate Key Stage 3 – the first UTC in the UK to do this. Furthermore, being the first UTC to have IB World School Status has enabled us to develop strong links in Germany and Qatar. Having IB Status will enable us to further develop the middle-years programme (MYP) for our Key Stage 3 students and thus providing a joined-up pathway from ages 11 to 19. The overarching mission of the Inspiration Academy is to develop curious, academically-skilled young people who aspire to be principled, compassionate learners. Our curriculum strives to create students who are self-motivated, competent, willing to take risks and lifelong learners.
Judged by Ofsted as Good with Outstanding Leadership, the key successes and features that our successful candidate can be part of are as follows;
- The promotion of pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding
- Pupils, including the disadvantaged and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities, catch up from previous underachievement and make strong and often rapid progress in a range of subjects and disciplines
- Application to learning is often exemplary
- The Leigh UTC makes a real difference for its pupils and surrounding area. Pupils become motivated to find and follow their passions. They leave well equipped to succeed in engineering and related technical and design careers and contribute to the economy.
- The Principal, with his leaders and staff team, models a high-quality working environment. This rubs off on pupils, who value the supportive ethos, work-like atmosphere.