Full time maternity cover
Contract until July 2023
The King Alfred School is looking for an ambitious and talented teacher to join our Lower School staff from November 2022. At King Alfred we are fortunate to have the freedom to be able to value the progress young people make in all areas, and to create an exciting learning experience that is true to our own principles and values.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about learning and keen to develop professionally
- Value and promote student voice within learning experiences
- Be committed to a holistic approach to education
- Have an understanding of inquiry-based learning
- Have recent experience of teaching across KS1 and KS2
- Understand and embrace the benefits of working collaboratively with colleagues
As well as sharing our values, the ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experiences:
- Several years demonstrable teaching experience including KS1/KS2
- Good honours degree + PGCE primary (QTS) or equivalent
- Proven track record of being an excellent teacher in own classroom
- Ability to establish successful relationships with pupils, parents and staff
If you share our vision and are reflective, hard-working, forward-thinking and keen to grow with our community, we would very much like to hear from you.
We encourage people from all sections of the teaching community to apply and particularly welcome applicants from groups which are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Please see the attached job info pack for a detailed description of the duties involved in this role, as well as a person specification of our ideal candidate.
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply via our online Application Form.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 2 October
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974