The Role: The Corsham School Academy Group seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Curriculum Team Leader for Geography to deliver exceptional teaching and learning to our students, and help to lead continued improvements in GCSE and A Level outcomes. The successful candidate will model excellent practice, have students’ progress at the forefront of their teaching, will lead on curriculum development in their subject specialism and have a willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join us and make a significant contribution to our school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspirational and passionate Geography teacher.
- Be a professional who is able to work in partnership with parents and other stakeholders.
- Be experienced in raising attainment in a classroom environment with students of all abilities.
- Be able to show evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning of their subject through schemes of work and extra-curricular activities.
A strong commitment to raising achievement and standards is required along with an informed and creative approach to curriculum delivery.
The School: The Corsham School is part of a small Multi Academy Trust serving the market town of Corsham and surrounding villages. It is situated in North Wiltshire, on the outskirts of the Cotswolds, 8 miles from Bath and within easy reach of the M4.
The Corsham School is a ‘Good’ School where ‘Pupils behave well in and out of lessons, are respectful of each other and learn well in a secure, friendly and supportive setting.’ Ofsted Sept 2019
The Corsham School offers: -
- Enthusiastic, friendly and hardworking students with excellent attitudes to learning
- A caring and supportive department, staff body and wider school community
- A commitment to professional development and career progression opportunities
- A full programme of induction and support; we are committed to staff well- being, and we are a very happy school where staff morale is high.
Benefits: As part of the remuneration package, The Corsham School Academy Group offers excellent Employee Benefits, including a Contributory Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, and Cycle to Work Scheme, together with discounts on High Street shopping, Cinema Tickets, and Holidays.
Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please apply via the application form which can be found on our website. A separate letter (no more than 2 sides A4) addressed to the Headteacher should indicate how your qualifications and experience make you a suitable candidate for this post.
Please download and complete the Application Form, and return it to the school via email to: heads' secretary.
Closing date: Monday 30 January 2023
Interviews: will be held as soon as possible after the closing date
The Corsham School is an equal opportunities employer and requires enhanced DBS clearances for all employees as part of its commitment to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks with statutory bodies.
The Corsham School, The Tynings , Corsham Wiltshire SN13 9DF
Tel: 01249 713284