Due to the promotion of the current Deputy Head Teacher, the Governors seek to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and energetic Deputy Head Teacher to take on the role of the Lead Professional for Linwood Main Campus. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the operational running of the campus and be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience and in-depth knowledge of SEND.
- Be an outstanding leader and be able to motivate, challenge and inspire staff and pupils through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong strategic vision and direction and be integral to the School’s continued growth, progress and success.
- Have passion, vision and determination to inspire our staff group to deliver the highest levels of learning to meet the needs of our children and young people.
- Be passionate about improving the life chances for all our pupils and their families.
- Be able to work in partnership with the Executive Head Teacher, SLT and the Governing Board to continue raising standards through a shared vision.
The successful applicant will:
- Play a decisive role in the strategic, operational and policy development of the provision through innovative and enterprising leadership.
- Have experience of working with students with a range of SEND.
- Role model the behaviours and values of the school.
- Adapt leadership style to a range of scenarios across the school as a whole.
- Effectively promote inclusivity and safeguarding.
Linwood School provides:
- A supportive staff committed to achieving excellence.
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
- The opportunity to play a full part in a dynamic, thriving and diverse school community.
In addition to the benefits provided by BCP Council, Linwood School also provides:
- An Employee Assistance Programme to support staff wellbeing including free counselling sessions.
- Easy to access Eyecare Scheme with Asda.
- Paid after-school training sessions to support staff development.
- Career development.
- Long Service Awards.
For initial enquiries about this role, please contact GemmaTalbot@linwood.bournemouth.sch.uk
For any enquiries regarding the application process please contact Wendy Perry HR Manager on WendyPerry@linwood.bournemouth.sch.uk or Tel: 01202 636811.
Application forms and further details can be accessed by clicking on the apply button.
Please indicate in your application form where you saw the vacancy advertised.
All applications must be submitted electronically.
Closing date: Sunday 25 April 2021
Interviews will take place: To be confirmed following shortlisting.
Due to the current health crisis we will aim to provide a limited amount of tours of the school for applicants but these may be limited to specific times.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
Offers of employment are also subject to satisfactory references and health check.