Teaching and Learning and Safeguarding
Required September 2021
Iffley Academy is seeking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic Deputy Headteacher who will support the Head Teacher in leading Iffley Academy by joining the Academy’s successful Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will bring their leadership experience, operational and strategic abilities and extensive knowledge of SEND to the role. They will also be a skilled SEND practitioner, modelling and understanding excellent classroom practice. They will have the ability to engage pupils with a complex range of SEND, including SEMH, cognition and learning and ASC, and a clear commitment to improving pupil outcomes.
This is an exciting time to join the SLT, following the academy having moved into its new buildings in September 2020. This role also provides the opportunity to contribute to the Gallery Trust as it expands and to work with colleagues across the MAT.
This role will include:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL).
- Curriculum development.
- Teaching and Learning Lead.
This role carries the responsibility of Designated Safeguarding Lead, and will work collaboratively with the Therapeutic Lead in managing safeguarding issues. You will be a crucial aspect of the multi-agency team that ensures our pupils are safeguarded.
Following successful application, the job description and wider responsibilities for this role will be finalised based on the strengths and experience of the post holder.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of leadership within a school.
- A strong understanding of restorative approaches in schools.
- Have experience of Safeguarding procedures within a school.
- Have up to date knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and principles around EHC Plan processes.
- Be an outstanding teacher, who is able coach and mentor new staff.
- Have the vision and skills to support the Headteacher with the school’s journey of continuous improvement.
- Be passionate about improving outcomes for students and to ensure all students reach their potential.
- Be dedicated to the inclusion of students with SEND in education and society as a whole.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 17 May 2021.
Interview date: Thursday 20 May 2021.
Please ensure you detail any gaps in employment and use the selection criteria which is contained in the job pack when you prepare your application, as shortlisting for interview will be based on how closely you demonstrate your ability to fulfil the essential criteria. We do not accept CVs. If you are shortlisted, we will take up written references before your interview so please provide permission for this and provide accurate phone and email contact details for your referees. One of your referees must be your current or last employer, and if you are employed in a school, must include your current Head Teacher.
The Gallery Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment with The Gallery Trust is subject to verification of ID and qualifications, satisfactory evidence of the right to work in the UK, health clearance, NCTL and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check. The Gallery Trust is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from all ethnic and community backgrounds.