Are you passionate about music?
St Piran's School is a vibrant, happy and successful coeducational preparatory school for boys and girls aged 2 to 11 years where every child is a valued member of the school community, and we provide them with the support, encouragement and opportunities to tackle personal obstacles, achieve high standards and fulfil their true potential. We recognise that our staff are our greatest asset, and you would be joining a warm, welcoming and high-performing community focused on the best outcomes for our children.
We are seeking a Director of Music to join our friendly, inclusive, and high-achieving community at St. Piran's. The Director of Music will have responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Music Department, which will include:
- Leading and managing the Music Department, motivating them with a shared sense of direction, pride and energy.
- Building a strong and positive relationships with our peripatetic teachers, staff, parents and visiting performers.
- Teaching music classes to children from the Early Years to Year 6.
- Organising the weekly Chapel services alongside the Head of RE and congregational practice.
- Direct the various choirs, orchestras and ensembles in the School.
- Developing music in the community, taking choirs and ensembles to participate in music festivals.
- Continue to develop a music curriculum which goes beyond the confines of the national curriculum and meets the needs of aspiring musicians throughout the School.
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in music or experience in music education.
- Experience in music organisation and management.
- Excellent communication, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of musical arrangement and scoring for productions.
- Use of technology to enhance musical composition and recording.
- Knowledge of the music industry, and or an understanding of music in the wider world of work.
Being part of the school also provides significant benefits for staff. This includes:
- Full-time permanent work, working term-time only.
- Your working hours will be Monday to Friday, normally between the hours of 8.00 am and 5.30 pm.
- Statutory Annual leave entitlement.
- Staff Pension Scheme.
- Group Life Insurance.
- Freshly prepared meals are available from the School catering facilities during term-time.
Further information about this position and how to apply can be found via the school website: https://www.stpirans.co.uk/contact-us/staff-vacancies.
Please ensure you complete the Application Form. CVs alone cannot be accepted. A CV may be submitted to support the application form.
Closing date: 23 February 2024
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and schedule interviews accordingly. We reserve the right to close the vacancy at any time. Please apply as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please email Catherine Fraser, Head of HR at HR-Dept@stpirans.co.uk.
St Piran's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening, including checks with current and previous employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.