Wellington College is one of the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools and has an enviable reputation for excellence and innovation, located in rural Berkshire in a stunning 400 acre campus. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated Director of US and International University Counselling.
You will join on a part time basis for 3 days per week initially and in return we will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a free lunch whilst on duty, subsidised membership to the Wellington Health & Fitness Club, contribution to Wellington’s personal pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, cycle to work scheme, free parking and access to a health cash plan.
About the role:
Wellington College is seeking an experienced counsellor with expertise in placing students to achieve places in North American and International Universities (including elite institutions). The successful candidate will ensure timely and appropriate advice to all year groups, full and ongoing support for all candidates, and strong relations with the relevant universities.
The successful candidate will work closely with stakeholders across the College, staff help pupils recognise and reflect on their potential to ensure that they take advantage of the growing opportunities available to them in the post-18 world
The Director of US and International University Counselling has a number of management and organisational leadership responsibilities relating to the delivery of US and international university counselling across the College, which will include (Please see job description for full requirements) :
- To create and implement an integrated and coherent five year programme for all US applicants and their parents.
- To deliver detailed and current information, advice and guidance for all students and parents based on up-to-date knowledge and expertise on all aspects of US Universities and their admissions processes.
- To organise the SAT preparation programme liaising with external agencies.
- To run, organise and proctor the SAT tests (six per year hosted at the College).
- To organise and administer the PSAT, encouraging broader participation.
- To ensure connections are made with Admissions Departments in the USA, Canada and other global universities as relevant to facilitate successful applications.
- To ensure connections with and membership of relevant counselling organisations.
So, if you are committed to contributing towards the College community, think you’ve got what it takes to perform exceptionally in this role and would like to join our team, please apply now.
Closing date: Wednesday 19 April 2023
For further details, including how to apply, please visit the Support page of our website at https://wellingtoncollegerecruitment.wellingtoncollege.org.uk/
Wellington College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
All applicants must have a valid right to work in the UK and must be able to produce supporting documents.