Do you know anyone that might be interested in a DT Technician role? If so, make a referral today for the chance to receive £100 as a reward. Simply email email@example.com with the candidates’ name and contact details and we will be in touch with them about potential opportunities across the Trust. *Please ensure to obtain the person's consent to share their personal details.
Leigh Academy Bexley are seeking to appoint an Engineering and Design Technology Technician, joining us as soon as possible. The role involves supporting teaching and learning within the Engineering, Design Technology and Food curriculum areas under the direction of the Director of Learning for Engineering and Design Technology. The successful candidate will provide an essential, comprehensive technical service to the curriculum areas, liaising with teaching staff and preparing materials before lessons. They will also be responsible for cleaning and maintenance of workshop equipment and machinery, keeping stock inventories, supporting students within practical lessons and doing small group demonstrations in the use of equipment and machinery, ensuring Health and Safety procedures are up to date and relevant risk assessments are carried out.
We are looking for a candidate that:
- Is reliable and able to complete tasks effectively without direct supervision;
- Has good organisational skills;
- Is flexible and is prepared to take on a range of tasks;
- Is able to communicate appropriately with young people and adults;
- Is able to work as part of a team, contributing to the work of the Engineering, Design Technology and Food curriculum areas;
- Is prepared to undergo further training if required.
What we can offer in return:
- An excellent opportunity for those strongly considering a career in teaching as training routes may be made available in the future
- The opportunity to work within a department where our teaching staff are incredibly passionate about their subject area
- Fantastic opportunities for training and development
The working basis of the role is 36 hours per week, Term Time + 1 week inset.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units which is in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates - you can read more about this in our Recruitment Guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not discriminating on any grounds.