We are seeking to recruit a talented and skilled KS3/4 English Teacher who is also able to lead the subject across the college. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher with the ability to inspire and motivate students and staff alike; a unique opportunity to make a substantial contribution to further improving outcomes for a significant group of vulnerable and challenging learners and to shape and develop English provision across the College. Leadership of the team will require you to travel across all our sites (Banbury, Oxford, Kidlington and Abingdon), you will be required to teach at the Banbury site. Part-time will be considered for the right candidate.
As English Lead Teacher you will be:
- a skilled practitioner in the classroom, with a proven background in managing challenging behaviour
- experienced in working with KS3 and KS4 students and excited about the opportunity to work with our primary students to develop their reading, literacy and English skills
- relentless in your approach to both engaging our students in and with English, and securing them the best academic outcomes
- ready to lead a small team of secondary and primary colleagues in developing their pedagogy and practice and to together shape the development of the English curriculum
- highly motivated, with a passion for your subject
- have bags of enthusiasm, patience and perseverance