We are looking for inspiring English Teachers to work within a successful multi-academy Trust based in the Borough of Ealing. We offer comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for our teachers.
The new post-holders will prepare our students for GCSE and beyond. You will join an innovative, ambitious and enthusiastic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
The Twyford Trust comprises four schools – Twyford CE High School (Acton), William Perkin CE High School (Greenford), Ada Lovelace CE High School (Central Ealing) and Ealing Fields High School (South Ealing). Two of our schools are new, with students at Ealing Fields having taken GCSEs for the first time in 2021 and students at Ada Lovelace due to take them in 2023. Our two established schools, Twyford and William Perkin (both Ofsted ‘Outstanding’), have thriving and oversubscribed Sixth Forms.
The Twyford Trust also includes Teach West London, the Teaching School Hub for the 4 Boroughs of Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow. The Hub prides itself on supporting outstanding teacher training via the delivery of the DfE’s ‘The Golden Thread’.
We welcome applications from prospective teachers who are interested in working at any of our Trust schools. Alternatively, if you have a preference for a particular school, please state this on your application form.
The roles are suitable for ECT and RQT applicants.
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A supportive Leadership Team
- Opportunity to gain experience within four different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
- Ability to teach English to at least KS4
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- A commitment to the ethos of the school
How to apply
Applications must be submitted to Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for the Job Description.
The school reserves the right to research shortlisted candidates on social media platforms and the internet, and the recruitment panel may take this information into consideration during the recruitment process.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.