Part-time, 52 weeks per year - 10 Hours a week (ideally two hours a day, Monday to Friday)
King Alfred School (KAS) is a progressive independent school in idyllic grounds in North London. Our independence means that we can be take a holistic approach to education, value the progress young people make in every area and experiment with innovative ideas.
We are looking for a Farm Caretaker who will be responsible for providing maintenance support to the School farm. They will work in a small, friendly caretaker team.
The post-holder must:
- Have experience of working with and looking after animals.
- Have a patient and friendly manner with a flexible approach to work and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- Possess good communication skills, including the ability to receive, record and transmit messages accurately and quickly.
- Be hard working with an ability to multi-task.
- Be self-motivated, able to take initiative and work without direct supervision.
Experience of working with children would be desirable.
We encourage people from all sections of the community to apply and particularly welcome applicants from groups which are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To apply for this role please visit our website and apply via our online Application Form.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 5 February 2023.
All members of the King Alfred School community are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and conviction can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service website or at Unlock.