Based at our Wellington Academy site • 37 hrs per week, 52.14 weeks a year (25 days holiday plus bank holidays) • Required ASAP
A bit about us:
The Wellington Academy opened in 2009 to serve Tidworth, Ludgershall and the surrounding area: an area with a significant military presence. Consequently, we are proud to educate a large number of children from service families and with the growing super-garrison based on Salisbury plain we expect our numbers to continue to rise.
All about the role:
We are looking to appoint a Finance Officer based at The Wellington Academy to provide a full range of finance support for schools within the RWBAT working within clear guidelines set by the Trust and legislative requirements. You will be undertake a range of financial procedures, including placing orders, invoicing, preparation of cheques, banking cash, issuing receipts, dealing with supplier issues, arranging BACS.
- Undertake a range of financial procedures, including placing orders, invoicing, preparation of cheques, banking cash, issuing receipts, dealing with supplier issues, arranging BACS runs etc
- To gain a detailed understanding of the finance software to deliver the following; processing of purchase requisitions and the raising of Purchase Orders and Invoices
- Monitor monthly budgets and highlights any variances to Finance Manager
- Take a proactive role in managing debts and debtors, ensuring timely payment and liaising with debtors.
- Co-ordinates and produces a range of financial data for the Finance Manager Receive and record monies from pupils and parents/ carers
- Managing school trips on ParentPay or equivalent system including trip set up, reporting to teachers, refunds and parent queries.
- Responsible for the financial reconciliation of financial systems used in school e.g. ParentPay, petty cash and purchase ledger account.
- Manage school lettings
- To support the Finance Manager to undertake a number of monthly accounting activities to include, but not exclusively; month end closes, posting accruals & prepayments, maintain an asset register and post depreciation and production of control account reconciliation.
- Resolves financial queries e.g. over order processing
- Work subject to broad instructions and decisions made from a range of well-established options e.g. supplier issues. Serious issues such as significant budget variances are referred to Finance Manager.
Closing date (and time): 09.00, 1st December 2021
Interview date: Shortly after 1st December 2021
If you believe you have the commitment and desire to work in an environment which values all staff as well as setting the highest standards and expectations then please apply using the Trust application form, available with more details from our website by clicking on the Apply button.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to references and an Enhanced DBS check before confirmation. Royal Wootton Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer. The campus is a no smoking site.